The living room is the most used space in your home. It is your living room where you tend to spend most of the time with your family, where you romance, serve your guests or watch T.V. In short, your living room is where the social part of the home life takes place, and it should be used as you decide.
What if the living space you use is not up to the mark, what if it is missing the modern touch? What if it looks monotonous or outdated? Don’t worry, in this article you will find the most entertaining and incredible ideas on how to make your living space modern and sophisticated.
Importance of the Living Room
Homes are not always dramatic or dazzling, but the work you put in the details can make a huge difference. In the whole house whether it is kitchen, dining room or terrace, your living room matters the most. You cannot possibly spend much time of your day in other places of your home, so, in the end, you always end up in your living room. Following is the list which describes the importance of the living room:
- A living room serves many purposes, unlike a kitchen or bathroom where only a single goal is served, in the living room we talk, relax, play and socialise with our environment.
- It has a lot of things like important furniture, T.V and other historical artefacts which make It unique to you and your family.
- You style and dress in your living room, it has got a wardrobe and display mirror with other associated things, which you use for day to day dressing and grooming.
- Going to throw a party at your place or planning a friend’s night, dress up your living room, so it is ready for whatever you have got planned.
Definition of Modern and Sophisticated Living Room
By making your living room modern, we don’t refer to pile up your place with scientific things or appliances or have robots crawling up space. Also, being sophisticated also does not mean to become a clean freak and have everything aligned up following a particular order or mindset.
All you have to do is stick to a particular theme of your choice and work out the details eventually. It can be anything you want it to be. But the whole point is to design your living room using modern and sophisticated approach without disturbing your life routines.
How to Make living room Modern & Sophisticated:
- Details Matter
When designing your living room, the one thing you should have in your mind is that the details you offer to anything matters the most. You would have to design the whole place with utmost perfection, especially on a budget. Whether it is flooring, painting your room or furnishing it, you would have to be exclusive about the choices you make. Don’t give in to expensive stuff especially when you can do it on a budget.
Any place without furniture and decoration is dull and boring, especially when it comes to your living room, it should be perfectly furnished and decorated. To make it look modern and sophisticated here is what you can do:
- You should arrange furniture with a bit more planning, keeping in mind the conversational areas, considering traffic flow and overall space your room has to offer.
- You should consider hanging out some Art like paintings or canvases on your living room’s walls. It will give an artistic touch to the place. Remember it does not have to be expensive, or you don’t have to fill every inch of the room, just where it seems fit.
- Painting your walls vividly or giving to a large ceiling is ill-advised. You should use simple techniques in this stead. Paint your walls and roof with a colour of your choice or what fits best with the environment. You can go with bright colours. Use a beautiful and adequately decorated ceiling about 8-10 feet above the ground.
- Another exceptional aspect of decorating your room is lighting. Lighting is a complex element of any room. You should consider putting all three types of lighting which are ambient, task and accent. Lights need to be placed at different levels like overhead, table, floor and lamps.
- Simplify your Styling (Sophisticate your living room)
Use only those things which hold sentimental value to you. Instead of filling up your room with every aspect of gadgets and things which will make the place disorganised, use simplified way of living which will enable the remaining elements to shine and give a sophisticated touch to your living room.
- Add a sprinkle of Natural Texture
Natural textures have a timeless appeal and are great for creating a relaxed, soothing and amplified living. You can surely work out these details by adding some natural artefacts in your room like:
- Using different fabrics and wooden items in your living room.
- Going exclusive with good old styles of the wall like wooden and brick accent.
- Managing space and creating a breathable environment by isolating items, not in use.
- Use decorating items like vine plants, roughed furniture, eye-catching wallpapers, bookshelves and other wooden items to up the game.
By using these incredible steps, you can make the best out of your living room and feel great about the effort you had to give in to make these changes happen.