Nowadays working from the comfort of home has become a fairly common activity. A large number of companies and freelancers offer the opportunity to have a home office or also known as the home offices and is that there really are many advantages of working as well, among which are saving energy, saving of transportation, comfort, and flexibility of schedule, among others.
In this sense, it is necessary to have a well-decorated and organized space that helps us increase our concentration and productivity, a space that makes us feel happy so that happiness and sense of belonging are reflected in our work. You do not need to have a very large place to achieve a functional office at home, through your personal touch, you will give warmth, and you will feel calm and safe when working within it.
In this article, we talk a little about how to achieve an office at home, and we give you some tips that you can take into account when starting this project.
Keep reading so you can create your home office!
What aspects should I consider before designing my home office?
Before designing your office, it is important that you answer the following questions:
- What kind of work will you do inside it?
- Will external clients visit you there?
- What kind of materials do you need to have in view and which ones need to be archived?
- What kind of equipment do you require?
- Will you hold video conferences?
- What do I need to make it my space?
Currently, modern offices have the unique feature of having furniture with geometric and clean lines, which gives a very clean style. Keep in mind that in addition to the main furniture you choose, you need to have a small shelf near the desk or a modular wall for storing documents and stationery.
Essential elements that can not be missing in an office in your home
Here are the main elements that should not be missing in a home office
- Computer: Computers are an essential part of your office, and for sure you will ask: desktop computers, laptops or both? The answer will depend on your preferences, needs and possibilities.
- Internet connection: it is essential to be connected to the web, and the most advisable is a broadband connection to speed up times. Be sure to hire a reliable service provider! You will need stability and strength in the signal to be able to develop your work without problems.
- Peripherals: some of the most important are the monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, webcam, headphones, etc. The important thing is that you have a wide monitor screen, the dimensions will depend on the work you do, what is more practical, you can even have two monitors if necessary.
- Telephone / Smartphone: the telephone and the smartphone are complementary to the voice over IP tools, very useful when working from home. Remember that a good and fluid conversation will help you have a better relationship with your customers.
- Furniture: desk, chair, even cabinets or shelves for filing documents, articles or miscellaneous items. Make sure they are functional and that they adapt to your needs. The desk and chair should be ergonomic to favor good posture.
- Good lighting: your office should have good lighting, try as much as possible to be natural, as this will help you avoid headaches and eyestrain.
- Software: fundamental to give you practicality, stay connected, help you be more productive and speed up times. Some of these software applications are email, voice over IP applications, instant messaging, automatic back-up programs, among others.
- Office supplies: make a list of everything you need in your day to day as clips, staplers, highlighters, folders, files, scissors, envelopes, etc.
Home offices: create multifunctional spaces
Home offices are dynamic spaces that must adapt to new needs. So they need more and more multifunctional spaces, designed so that we feel comfortable and can find inspiration at any time.
This is the perfect example of a multifunctional space, where children and adults can have an office perfectly designed to meet their needs.
Offices at home: to create one, take advantage of unused spaces
We can install an office at home in an unused corner, inside the bedroom, in a corridor, in the attic or mezzanine, under the stairs, or even in a central communication space between the bedrooms and the stairs. The important thing is that you can work comfortably in an enjoyable and well-resolved environment.
In this type of space, it is best to opt for a minimalist style, with furniture with straight lines and decorative elements in neutral colors.
How to decorate a modern office at home?
Decorating a modern office at home will help improve the mood and performance of each person who uses it. Some tips to achieve this are the following:
- To decorate you can have a decorative plant, the living elements help us relax and improve the mood.
- Only keep objects related to work in your office, in a clean and orderly manner.
- Be careful when choosing colors because they generate physical and emotional reactions. Opt for light colors such as white, gray and ivory.
- Incorporates LED lights in the design of lighting. It is a much more efficient technology at the energy level, and therefore, more respectful with the planet.
- The simplicity and functionality in the furniture are vital to achieving a modern style. The furniture goes back to the straight lines.
- Finally, add your personal touch, either through family photos, articles, or an accessory that reminds you of happy moments. This will make you feel happier during the time you are inside your office.
What do you think of all these tips and recommendations that we have brought for you? Are you ready to set up your home office?